No cash for an RRSP


Trying to come up with this year’s RRSP contribution? If you’re short of cash but have unregistered investments, you’re laughing. You can transfer your existing unregistered mutual fund units to a self-directed RRSP and claim a contribution for their value on the day of the transfer. You may have to claim a capital gain, but you’ll also get an RRSP deduction.

Back to Top

Return to Gail's Tips Page

Print this Tip

Bookmark this Site