The Hardest Ever to Win Contest
Ever since I left television people have been swamping me with requests for help. I created MyMoneyMyChoices to give those who wanted a roadmap the steps they would need to take to get from where they are now to where they want to be. There are now almost 9,000 people now registered at MyMoneyMyChoices, which is FAN-TAS-TIC.
In 2014, I ran an Indigogo campaign to raise funds for the MMMC foundation. (Yes, I set up a foundation to help fund the efforts I’m making to improve Canada’s Money IQ.) Through the generosity of those I’ve helped and those who believe the foundation is a worthwhile endeavor we raised just over $3,300.
Now it’s time to put that money to work spreading the word about financial literacy. Rather than run ads, which I initially thought I would do, I’ve topped up the pot and am running this contest to spread the word about MyMoneyMyChoices and how important financial literacy is.
Want to be in the running to win $5000? Here it is: The Hardest Ever to Win Contest. The pot is big. So is the work you’ll have to do.
(Incidentally, this is the same work many of the families on my TV show had to do to win their money; you did not see them doing most of this work because it was done outside of the filming.)
People tell me that they wish they were better with their money. The sigh and say, “If only someone had taught me.” You can keep sighing and wishing, or you can decide that you’re done with being financially inept. You can decide that you’re ready to be in charge.
The Hardest Ever to Win Contest is not for lazy people with more excuses than determination. It is not going to be a cakewalk. You will have to take the process seriously and meet the timeline commitments. Everyone has excuses for why they can’t. I’m not interested. I’m only interested in the folks who are determined to make 2015 a better year, folks who simply need some direction and guidance.
There’s no handholding, no babysitting, no spoon-feeding. But I will provide you with all the resources you’ll need, and instructions on how to use them, so you can take control of your money. If you’ve been waiting for a kick in the ass, this is it!
Stick it through to the end of this contest and you’ll have completed the major steps required to turn your financial life in the right direction. You will know where you stand now, you’ll have a REAL and WORKABLE budget and debt repayment plan, and you’ll be more aware of what you’re doing with your money than you’ve ever been. You’ll feel in charge and in control. And you’ll have a path you can follow to get to where you want to be next. And you might win $5000 to boot!
Please read all the rules of The Hardest Ever to Win Contest. If you do not follow the rules or meet the deadlines, you’ll automatically be out of the running for the $5000.
Here are the rules:
- You must complete every step of the project to qualify for the random draw to win one prize of $5000. This contest is open to Canadian residents everywhere in Canada except Quebec, which has much more complicated rules I just don’t want to have to deal with.
- The contest will run from January 26, 2015 until April 20, 2015. The prize award will be made by April 30, 2015.
To enter you must send an email to registration @mymoneymychoices.com to register and you must also sign up at www.mymoneymychoices.com and track your progress there. Your chances of winning depend on the number of people that participate. As the wussies drop out, your chances will get better.
- Send your entries by the deadlines given for each step. Late entries will be filed in the trash.
- Only completed entries will be accepted. Don’t waste your time (and mine) sending in a budget that isn’t complete (including savings and debt repayment where appropriate) and doesn’t balance. If you’re doing a debt repayment plan and you skip steps, your entry is headed to the toilette!
- There are 12 Steps to be completed over 12 weeks. Worksheets and instructions will be provided to registered participants in the contest via email. Your email will be used solely for the purposes of this contest and will not be sold or shared.
- I will be the only person to review financial information and it will never be made public. Before you send anything by email that includes sensitive financial information, please blacken out all but the last 3 digits of your account numbers, or any other identifying features like your home address. (I’ll need the last three digits to tell accounts apart.)
The Not-So-Small Print: This contest is open to Canadians residents over the age of 18 everywhere in Canada except Quebec. By registering for the contest, you are attesting to your eligibility. No purchase is necessary. The contest will run from January 26, 2015 until April 20, 2015. The prize award will be made by April 30, 2015. The winner must respond by May 8, 2015 or a new winner will be chosen. Your chances of winning depend on the number of people that participate. One prize of $5000 Canadian will be awarded to the winner chosen randomly who meets all the criteria set out in the contest. As part of this contest, you’ll be asked to share your journey in 400-700 words. By entering this contest you agree that your story may be modified and published, displayed, reproduced. All information requested by and supplied by each entrant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. I, Gail Vaz-Oxlade, reserve the right to disqualify any entrant from the contest at my discretion should the entrant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading details and/or information or should the entrant be ineligible at any stage of the contest pursuant to the contest rules. This contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.