Chicken Breasts w Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Posted by Gail | Filed under Gail Cooks!
I love me some goat’s cheese. And I’m gaga for sun-dried tomatoes. Put ‘em together and you can have a dish that will not only blow your friends away, it’s soooo good, no one will complain about left-overs.
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh basil chopped
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 800 ml of tomato sauce (or more if you’re a sauce pig)
1. Combine first five ingredients.
2. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each breast to form a pocket. Stuff with about 2 tbs of the misture.
3. Place in a baking dish.
4. Pour 800 ml of tomato sauce over and around the breasts. I use Alex’s Roasted Summer Sauce for this because it’s full of basil. But I’ve also used Classico’s Basil Tomato Sauce (the whole bottle) and that’s worked equally well.
5. Bake about 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
BTW: If you have left over cheese mixture you can:
a) spread it on bread to toast in the oven and serve with the chicken or
b) drop it in dollops around the chicken in the tomato sauce to liven up the sauce.
Serves six piggies or you can cut the breasts in half and double the distance.